I cried last night. J doesn’t like to see me cry and he tries everything to make it so I stop crying (typical of men; they try to fix everything). But I needed a good cry last night, and he let me have it. Then held me close and assured me everything would be okay.
Today is a new day and I do feel refreshed. And my blog buddy Kellie is doing what she can to spread happiness around by collecting people’s lists of what makes them “terribly” happy. Thanks Kellie! What a great idea! For anyone who would like to, feel free to share in the comments the things that make you “terribly” happy. Here’s my top 10 list:
1) the smells of fresh cut grass and rain
2) drinking coffee and reading magazines on lazy weekend mornings with my hubby
3) the feeling after a good workout
4) dance music
5) a good road trip
6) being in nature, especially in the middle of nowhere, and exploring new places7) drinking margaritas on the porch
8) chocolate – either straight up, in the form of a cookie, brownie, cupcake, cake.9) girlfriends, sisters, moms and aunts … all the women in my life—they bring so much strength and wisdom
10) J – he’s known to put a smile or two on my face just by looking in my direction
We are heading to Chi-town this weekend for some R&R with J’s family! Happy Mother’s Day to all!