We were so happy with the outcome of New Zealand’s Te Araroa Speaking Tour! We are so grateful to all our friends and family that came out to support us. We are also so appreciative of our sponsors for the support/giveaways. Thank you Hi-Tec, GSI Outdoors, Gregory, Superfeet, Big Agnes, Sawyer, Princeton Tec and Therm-a-rest. During our 8 stops, we gave away more than $8,600 in outdoor gear because of them!! Unbelievable!
In total, we had 374 people attend the presentations, for an average of 46 people per stop! Sign ups for every stop were maxed out and we were pretty much at room/space capacity for each. Of course our biggest event was in Denver with 133 people.
I said this already once, but we love talking about our passions and we get so much energy from the audiences. We initially thought most people coming out would be interested in the trail itself, but we had a great mix of people who had been to New Zealand and were coming to relive their memories and those dreaming of going to New Zealand. To our surprise, we did not meet anyone else who completed the whole TA (a few sectioners), nor did we have a single Kiwi (native New Zealander) in our audience!
The tour was so successful, we hope to do a second tour at some point, but that’s TBD.
If you didn’t get to attend, don’t worry, you still have a chance to win some of the great gear from the tour in our ONLINE GIVEAWAY!!! There will be TWO winners and both prize packs are sweet, if I do say so myself.
I am forgoing our old ways of picking a winner out of a hat and using Rafflecopter (a free service) to host the contest. What this means is all entries will run through this widget below; Rafflecopter will collect your name and e-mail address and randomly select our 2 winners! So please remember to use the Rafflecopter widget (below) for all entries!
So here are the details:
- Enter the contest simply by commenting–tell us which hike we should do next, or pick a state or country where we should hike. You will leave a comment as you normally would through Blogger, but click on Rafflecopter to be officially entered.
- Gain ADDITIONAL entries by taking any or all of these actions below. Again, verify these actions through the Rafflecopter widget below to get the extra entry.
- Follow us on Instagram – 1 extra entry
- Subscribe to our You Tube channel – 1 extra entry
- Follow our blog through Bloglovin – 1 extra entry
- The contest will run through Feb. 2, 2016 (Groundhog Day!)
- Winner will be chosen at random on Feb. 3, 2016, and announced on our blog on or about Feb. 3, 2016.
- The prize package will be sent via USPS within 30 business days of prize confirmation by the Wandering La Vignes. Any unclaimed prize within that period will be forfeited. Entrants must provide a valid mailing address to the Wandering La Vignes upon announcement of the winner.
- Odds will depend on how many entries we receive. Winner will be chosen at random by Rafflecopter. No purchase necessary to enter. The contest is the sole responsibility of the Wandering La Vignes with prizes provided by various companies.
- The contest is only open to U.S. residents (for shipping purposes).